I Could Use Some Help From the Force

I literally have three sweaters on separate needles right now. I'm afraid the odds are against me for actually finishing one in time to wear this season. Trudging on anyway. Two are for me and one is for my son, for his 6th birthday.

This was my day off last Tuesday after the kids had to go back to school. My version of heaven....


I wish every day included snuggling with the pup on the couch while finishing up a Dublin Murder Squad novel and knitting what I think will be one of my favorite sweaters if and when I get around to finishing it up. I've completed the back panel - now just need two front panels, two sleeves, two pockets and to seam it all together. Piece of cake!

Also cast on for my Pop Life Cardigan from Wool and The Gang in the haze of last week... I just really wanted to try out the new yarn and needles - I must say, WATG's packaging is really amazing. I couldn't wait to dive in and try it out. It's the simple things sometimes. I'm only about 8 rows in.

So far, I seem to have already broken two of my New Years Resolutions. The no new yarn resolution happened quick - I couldn't resist a $20 sock ball in oranges.

And.... I bought the Rogue One book on Audible. It's been a long time since I've had movie obsession. This one has a lot going for it though. It's a Star Wars film (I mean, I was practically born in a galaxy far, far away), and a really well done one at that. The story and the characters just hit me harder than I expected. It helped that the casting was so strong. As my sister put it, "this was Disney's apology film for episodes 1-3". I tend to take each film for what is is - including those three - but this one is my favorite along with the original trilogy - probably because it compliments it so beautifully. The Force Awakes was also excellent, but I don't know - I loved Rogue One.

On to finishing book 2 of the new year.... maybe I'm selling myself short with only hoping to finish 50 in 2017! But, then, best not to get too cocky!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lost Art of Blogging

The End of Summer

JIM hat- or - double pointed needles for the first time