Everything is Awesome.

I'm on the second front panel of my sweater. I'm starting to worry that I may run out of yarn, but we'll have to see what happens. I'm going to try to trust the pattern until it fails me.

My life has revolved around cold and icy weather lately. I had the day off for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and my kids did not - so I celebrated by watching television and knitting all day long. It was lovely. I don't think I've had such a lovely and lazy day for a while. Well, okay, I just had one like a week and a half ago. But, there was a lot of television yesterday.

I watched Victoria and Sherlock on PBS (DVR is a wonderful thing) and a foreign film with subtitles that I took out from the library (since I can't watch these types of films with either of the children under 9 in my household or my husband) and a little knitting. Everything was going great until I was trying to get the dog to pee outdoors during a sleet shower and went down on my ass on the cement on the side of our house. I went straight down and tried to remember not to fight it. It's a miracle that I didn't hit my head. That would have made for a definite change in attitude.

But, back to the sweater....I'm enjoying knitting  the 4 row pattern repeat and it's easy enough that it goes fairly quickly. But the sweater is long, so it's starting to feel a bit overwhelming. However, I will carry on! I want to wear this sweater!

In other news, I finished reading "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" by Chelsea Handler. It was funny. I don't watch her on television but her book was well written. I find her a little un-relatable but just because her life is very different from mine. She's witty and smart and her book was enjoyable.


And, finally, here is a glimpse into life with my soon-to-be 6 year old son. He keeps me on my toes doing the worm and dressing up as a box troll.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lost Art of Blogging

The End of Summer

JIM hat- or - double pointed needles for the first time