For the love of Pumpkin

The kids are back in school. Kid 1 is in 2nd grade and Kid 2 is in 4-year-old kindergarten. And I'm more tired than ever.

I had my first and likely only pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks yesterday. It was good, but for $5.25 it will not happen often. Also, I don't need the calories. I'm trying to run, which I can do with some success in the fall when it's not so hot out.

And, I'm finally really succeeding on a my first pair of mittens. Of course I went with the difficult Bellisima pattern with cables and weird stitches. I'll see how I feel at the end about the final product. I wanted something warm and cosy and I'm not sure how these will be in the end. But, I'm getting it done. That seems to be a bit of my mantra lately. Getting it done!

Speaking of getting things done, I finished the blanket I made for my brother-in-law and future sister-in-law for their wedding next month. I'm happy with it. Apricot/Pumpkin colored Lion Brand Thick and Quick yarn and the pattern is the Cromwell Blanket by Lion Brand as well.

Pretty happy with the product all around. Now to finish my mittens and get a good start on my next sweater this weekend. I took Monday off to knit. It's been that kind of life lately.

Cromwell - or as I call it - "The Wedding" Blanket:









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lost Art of Blogging

The End of Summer

JIM hat- or - double pointed needles for the first time