Ants and Sirens

It's spring. Finally. I know this because some days are hot and muggy while others still contain a pretty serious chill in the air. Both options are okay with me right now. I love warmth, but I'm not quite ready to be done with my cozy winter clothes.

I've been working on my Lace Chevron Fingerless Mitts that I took a break from back in October. I've made two mitts, but in mismatched sizes - so I'm making two more. I've only managed one thumb hole so far, but there is a completed thumb hole, so I'm calling this success.

I should have a picture to post shortly.

My life has been hectic lately. I've been taking the puppy for two walks per day (with training that includes saying the words "heel" and "come!" so many times that I feel a little like "Rain Man") while attempting to fit three couch to 10K runs in per week - all while simply trying to keep my head above water with everything else that happens during the course of a week in my life.

The school year is wrapping up and my parents are in the process of buying a house down the street from us - which is currently adding to general chaos of what I laughingly call my life. And, to top it all off, yesterday I came home to find tiny ants all over my dining room floor and the puppy sitting calmly in her opened kennel, and not in the gated kitchen area where I'm fairly sure we left her.

I'm pretty sure my only accomplishment yesterday was getting my kids fed and my daughter made up in her recital dress (albeit wearing the wrong color tights) and delivered on-time for recital pictures. By the time we got home, I was  yelling at everyone, even though no one really did anything wrong except call my name: Mom! Mom! Mom? Mom.....

My life is not really about me right now. And, that's okay. I just need time to knit and I'm too tired for making time to fit enough of it in.

You should see my piles of yarn..... just wanting for me to have time to use my superpowers.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lost Art of Blogging

The End of Summer

JIM hat- or - double pointed needles for the first time