Snow

After a very mild winter, we finally have a snowstorm in March. I've been lazy lately - not with knitting, but with life. I've been working out, trying to cook, and doing all sorts of knitting, but my house is not in order or as clean as I'd like it and I hate leaving the house lately.

I think it's finally happening. I'm becoming a knitting hermit.

Last weekend was a cleanse weekend. My husband and I gave up hard liquor for Lent (not that we are church goers, but we felt like it was time for us to give something up for a while (or, we're drinking too much and wanted a reason to challenge ourselves to drink less)). I had some vanilla beans and since we're not drinking vodka at the moment, I decided to make some homemade vanilla.


Then, I organized the bottom (food section) of my pantry and tossed all the expired stuff and put some of my mason jars to use as organizers. (This is before Kid 2 went snack hunting).


Meanwhile, Kid 2 found his baby hat and wore it around for a while...


By Sunday night, I was done feeling motivated and convinced my family to order a pizza from Papa Murphy's (and sent my husband out to pick it up!).  Kid 1 decided to make our table fancy - even the dog got a place card.



As for the knitting, I finished this easy (Barley) hat with some lovely yarn. It's super versatile and I can wear it warm over my ears, or slouchy if I try to be cool.



Fast forward to this is past Saturday Kid 1 had her first dance competition. I was incredibly impressed with her jazz and tap groups. For her first competition, their dances placed first and second overall and they earned some extra awards that I don't understand. If she keeps with this, I'll understand it all in time, I'm sure.  (She got to bring one of the trophy's home until Wednesday).


And.... Finally! I've been buying yarn. :( I have no self control. I joined Knit Crate and they send you a box of yarn with 2 patterns to choose from once a month and my fist delivery did not disappoint! However, I have to up my knitting game here because I'm running out of storage space quickly and the husband is starting to ask me probing questions about selling off some my yarn.... 


This week I hope to have a finished pair of socks, a sweater, and large blanket scarf done. That's ambitious, but it's a goal! (And find a place to hide the next yarn delivery!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lost Art of Blogging

The End of Summer

JIM hat- or - double pointed needles for the first time