A Lace Detour

So, sometime last week I opened up one of my many yarn storage containers around the house looking for - I can't even remember what I started looking for- and found this pretty coral yarn and lace shawl pattern (my first) that I had a few false starts on and eventually abandoned sometime in the last year or two. I still have it in my Ravelry project listing as in progress, and for some reason, I felt my time would be better spent recasting on this shawl than following through with any of the other projects I was committed to finishing up.

I got through the first 50 rows and had to rip out 3 times. The good news is that this was a good crash course in the garter tab cast on and I'm now an expert.

And, now, I'm glad to say that I've made it to row 56 and have the correct stitch count and am happy with the progress. Each row is well over 160 stitches now, so it has become slow going. But, for some reason, this came up and spoiled all my plans for last week.

Sometimes, it's just nicer to cast on something new and different rather than finish seaming the sweater you're not sure you like anyway - or complete the second sock when you're secretly worried you won't have enough of the lovely main color yarn to finish the set - OR set about finishing the blanket scarf that requires 6 balls of yarn at a time and Spring just sprung and I may not get any use out of it this year anyway.....






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lost Art of Blogging

The End of Summer

Everything is Awesome.