Almost there

I was sick last week. Like the kind of sick that just knocks you off your feet. Kid 1 was home from school for three days and Kid 2 got a day home also, though he probably didn't need it. We all made it through celebrating birthdays and Superbowl weekend and then the kids and I crashed with sickness. 

So, that's over with and I did still manage to do some knitting and finish up a few smaller projects while sick or taking care of sick ones. 

Waiting for Winter Mitts by Susan B. Anderson. These were fast, but I managed to screw up both thumb gussets the same way (I needed 2 more rows). They are fine and look nice - but they feel a little short without those extra rows. It was an easy pattern and I have a good amount of leftover bulky yarn, so these may be teacher gifts for next year. (The yarn that I used was the suggested yarn from the Barrett Wool Co. in Wisconsin - really pretty and nice to work with!)

Here they are:

And I finished this pretty Bonnie Cowl - I adore the Cloudborn Bulky yarn this pattern called for - it's so pretty and incredibly soft - it was a joy to knit with this yarn. Yarn purchased as a kit on Craftsy.com.


The sweater is knit and sewn together - just have to finish the band. I hope it fits well and I love it. I can't take another sweater not fitting the way it should...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lost Art of Blogging

The End of Summer

JIM hat- or - double pointed needles for the first time