Starting Again....

I was beginning to see the end of this cowl that has been taking me a long time to knit. I started it last
January and then it hibernated for about 8 months because I wanted to make other things. It's not a difficult stitch pattern, but it's one that I can't easily navigate by eye. I need to know which round I'm on and even though it seems like I should be able to "read" my stitches, with this pattern I just can't. It's a herringbone pattern and a silk blend yarn. When it's finished it will be heaven. I started having visions of binding off and then I dropped a stitch and couldn't recover.

It was sad.

In other news. I finished a scarf for Kid 2's teacher for Christmas. I'm on a roll with Christmas gifts this year! It was yarn that I bought from the Wisconsin State Fair and I always wanted to try one of those balls that is white in the middle and dark on the outside. Turns out, the result is just okay.




In other news....Fall in Wisconsin means moving toward cozy clothes, hats, socks and blankets. It also means saying good-bye to some things that have been really nice this past summer. It was just an OK gardening year for me. But, the summer had it's moments. 

Wild flowers from the field behind my house. 

Tomatoes, peppers, beans and onions from the garden.

I will miss the smell of soil and being able to walk outside without the production of hat, coat, scarf, boots and mittens. But, I'm looking forward to the sweaters and the socks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lost Art of Blogging

The End of Summer

JIM hat- or - double pointed needles for the first time