2016 - Another fresh start

My 2016 Goals....

I believe in goal setting. I don't always follow through on my intentions, but I like to try new things even if I have a lot of false starts.... but, no one can say that I'm afraid to try.

So, here are my goals by category:

Knitting:
1) Not buy ANY yarn. This will be a big challenge - and I've already failed if we are going to be technical. I ordered a little sock yarn on Etsy from this sweet little shop to start my Beekeepers quilt - which will be a multi-year project. It was $28.25. So, not crazy and I "technically" used Christmas money towards it. Also, I have a $20 gift card to a local yarn shop, so when I'm really in a rut, I can go buy some yarn for a project and support a local shop as well.

I'm really hoping to keep on track with this because I've gone into a bit of a yarn debt.

2) Finish 5 sweaters. I have boatloads of yarn just waiting to be used. I'm hoping to start with a few sweaters in the new year. It will be good for skill building and for getting rid of some bulk/storage.

Health/Fitness:
I'm trying to get in better shape physically and mentally. When I look back at my life, those things go hand-in-hand for me. The more physically active I am, the happier I am.

3) Run in 2 5K races (I have run a 5K exactly one time, on a treadmill - progress has been made!)

4) Run a 10K (in general, not necessarily in a race)

5) Get my nutrition on track. Trying Isagenix to drop some weight and balance my nutrition and energy.

Reading/Writing/Other

6) Read 90 books (including audio books)

7) Get finances in order so that I can look at different long-term options.

8) spend more time writing

9) Take care of myself mentally as well as physically so I can be a better wife and mother

10) OPEN UP MY SEWING MACHINE AND MAKE SOMETHING (ANYTHING) with it.

So, cheers and here's to a better 2016.

Hopefully I'll have a cheerful project to post soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lost Art of Blogging

The End of Summer

JIM hat- or - double pointed needles for the first time