My Ambition Got ahead of me.... More gift-giving

I have a thumb cramp. I was up until after midnight finishing up a pair of fingerless gloves for Kid 1's teacher. It wouldn't have taken so long except that the thumbs were giving me trouble. I kept picking up and knitting the wrong way so there were purls instead of knits... all very  confusing and tiring when you are working on a deadline and listening to Seinfeld in the background.

So.... what am I most excited about for Christmas?!? Having time to knit something for myself and opening up my sewing machine and giving a different craft a go.... I am pretty ambitious with my hobbies - sewing really scares me.

Here are the fingerless mittens I've made so far. The colorful ones were for Heather's 40th birthday (a rented out theater for Star Wars - amazing) and the blue and grey are for the above mentioned teacher.

I cheated for the teacher's aide for Kid 2's 4K class - she got my something gray cowl (Coquette) from a few months ago. I was just sitting around and looking pretty - and I can always make another if I find that I need really need it. When you get yourself into a pickle like this .... it's nice to have corners to cut.

Two cheats so far - but, overall I think they are working out!

Here is today's show and tell:




I also finished a hat for my dad - but I wrapped it before taking a photo - so that will come later.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lost Art of Blogging

The End of Summer

JIM hat- or - double pointed needles for the first time