Show and tell...

I get it. You don't want to read my blog unless there are pictures.

I'm so late in finishing this post and I haven't photographed everything I was going to include... but here is what I have to show for my attempt at homemade Christmas gifts this year.

(NOTE: WORKING ON MY PHOTOGRAPHY SKILLS)

Craftsy November knit-along cowl with cables, which I messed up. I misread the pattern. Luckily the final product works just fine. It has a few mistakes, because sometimes that's how I roll...  I plan to re-do the pattern to include the additional stitches that I forgot on this one, but for someone in the Pacific Northwest, I think it will be great (and this way my sister and I won't have the exact same cowl). This is the Knit and Tonic Lucky Ribs Cable Cowl (a "modified" version).





And here are the nephew scarves - Go Go Gryffindor and the Meandering Rib scarf


Go Go Gryffindor - no pattern used. Just garter stitch.



Pattern source: Meandering Rib Scarf (65-inch) by Lion Brand Yarn

School gifts:
Dish cloths and tea cup/mason jar cozies.
Patterns used - easy and modified dishcloth patterns (aka, I don't really remember)
 Bee Stitch Mug Cozy by Lois Z

And I made homemade vanilla to go along with the gifts. Go me!


And, one last cowl for my sister-in-law.
Whipped cream cowl:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lost Art of Blogging

The End of Summer

JIM hat- or - double pointed needles for the first time