The End of Summer

It's been a long summer. I think it's because I now work from home and I have a six-year-old and a nine-year-old roaming around that it's felt almost unbearably long. They are usually with grandparents during the day, but it's still exhausting.

Confession time: I've bought so much yarn it's *almost* a problem. I fell in love with Indie dyed yarn and had to get my hands on some - okay, too much. But I love it all. As a result of this huge lapse, I'm starting an accountability chart and hoping to not buy any new yarn for 400 days. That's a LONG time - over a year. But, I think I can do it. I have to do it. I'm out of hiding places for yarn in my house. If I rent a storage unit for my yarn then I'll know it has gone too far.

I've also put on a few pounds this summer - so, it's basically been a summer of total gluttony. I'm starting a toning class through the rec department in a few weeks, and getting scheduled with a personal trainer (through a Groupon - I'm not made of money) - so I'm hoping for some shedding (or shredding) of pounds here in the next few weeks. I'm also hoping to up my running game. It's hard getting older. I wish the days were just a little longer - or I didn't have this pesky thing called work for the best 8 hours of my day! I'm not sure how I made that leap, but there it is. If I had more time in the day to do all the things I wanted and then also rest and exercise - then I'd be perfect.

But, there has been knitting and plenty of finished objects. Although, is it cheating if it was mainly baby knitting? I'm also getting close to finishing two sweaters for me. Crazy! I've been knitting a little like it's my J-O-B lately.

But, it's not. And I do have to work today. So, here is my Finished Object parade:

Baby Socks, Antler Cardigan, Daenerys mitts (entered for a Game of Thrones KAL), Flax Sweater, 2 baby hats - the second is the Garter Ear Flap hat by Purl Soho, and Colorwork Muk Luks by TinCan Knits. I made three TinCan Knits patterns for my future nephew and am planning to make adult versions of all of them as well. Overall, a good summer.



Fullsizerender__1__small
Img_1483_small2Img_1489_small2Fullsizerender__1__small2
Img_1400_small2Img_1399_small2Fullsizerender_small

So, not too shabby. The kids go back to school next week and my life should return to at least a shadow of normalcy then.

And, since this is an End of Summer post, here are a few other reviews:

Books:
My favorite summer reads have been:

One of Us is Lying by Karen McManus
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah Maas
Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth
It's Okay to Laugh (Crying is Cool Too) by Nora McInerny Purmort
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

I read more than these, but these were my favorites.

Films:
I didn't see much. I watched Manchester By the Sea on Amazon Prime and thought it was amazing (heartbreaking) - and we recently had free Cinemax for a few days so we recorded and watched Joy with Jennifer Lawrence - it was fantastic.

Food:
I hate cooking in the summer. I don't enjoy grilling or pasta salads and my garden had a rough year. Probably because I was in Disney and then had two family weddings and my sister in town for a week. By the time all that was finished, I was over caring about my garden. My dad is helping me make a raised garden bed next year. Hopefully that will help.

I made Pioneer Woman Baked Beans with bacon on the top which were good (even if I had WAY more beans than I needed for 2 separate parties) and I perfected Oreo Truffles this summer.

There has just been a lot of wine and gin. Some might say too much wine and gin. Happy End of Summer. I'm excited to finish my sweaters and get ready for Fall.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lost Art of Blogging

Everything is Awesome.