The First of May

By the time I'm actually getting around to writing this, it is, of course, the second of May.

May 1st is always a special day for me. Nine years ago on May 1st I became a mom for the first time. Being a mother isn't without its ups and downs, but for the most part, I've been in love with both of my children since the moment they were born. After my daughter was born, I didn't believe I could love another child as much, but then my son was born and I've never loved anyone the way I love him.

So, Kid 1 is 9. She is loving and smart and kind and beautiful.


She had her first friend party at our house with crafts and we all survived. I'm not all that nice, so having such a sweet daughter always comes as something of a surprise to me. She was so gracious  and I'm just so lucky to have her.

Happy Birthday sweet girl!


I've managed to finish a pair of DK Comfy Socks and the Windswept Shawl. I should finish a blanket shawl this week. Then, off to wedding knitting! 



I've been struggling since returning from New Orleans. I came back with another cold and the weather has been all over the place and rainy here in Wisconsin - so my tension headaches are back. Sometimes, with the tension comes anxiety, and I woke up to a mild panic attack this morning. It will pass, and I know I'll be fine once I see some sunshine, but it's been a rough few days. 

Hoping to have another Finished Object to show soon! 

Happy May!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lost Art of Blogging

The End of Summer

Everything is Awesome.