The Windy City

I'm in Chicago today. At the Illinois field office for the lovely organization that employs me, and due to train schedules, they have been nice enough to allow me a tiny room in the back to work until my lunchtime meeting.

I didn't take pictures of the big city because, you know, I'm from Illinois and it feels funny that even though I'm still always very taken with Chicago and those within it, I'm not allowed to take pictures because it should be old hat to me. I took the Amtrak down and it was a piece of cake. I regretted lugging my 800+ page Alexander Hamilton biography for the trip during my 1.3 mile walk from Union Station to the office, but I didn't regret it on the ride. I may hail a taxi back. We'll see how tough I'm feeling after a meeting and coffee.

I thought about bringing knitting for the train, because I'm been doing plenty of it - but I'm having trouble with a hat. It's all so disappointing because it's going peachy and then it gets off -and always on the same row! I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I've restarted it about 8 times. I want to cast on for something else so badly but I need to finish this hat and either a pair of socks (need to add the heels) or a sweater (need to add the sleeves) before I can do this and feel good about putting something else on the needles.

Black is tough to knit with. I'm going to attempt to put a lifeline in the hat tonight so I don't have to start over again. The pattern truly isn't that hard. Anyway, I finished a pair of socks a few weeks ago and have been wearing them non-stop. They are a toe-up pattern with an afterthought heel. I love them. I love them so much I'm making another pair in worsted weight so I can have a thick pair for around the house!

Been buying too much yarn again. Must knit through it!

OK - here are my socks. I'm super into knitting socks right now.

(And yes, I'm aware my photography skills are still lacking)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lost Art of Blogging

The End of Summer

JIM hat- or - double pointed needles for the first time