Changes is hard... except when it's amazing

It's been an exciting end of the summer. I accepted a new job with an amazing organization where I can work full-time from home (my dream come true) and I left a job that was making me unhappy. I used to love that job, but it became toxic in the end. And I wasn't doing well.

I started taking some (prescribed and very low dosage) drugs and realized that my tension headaches are probably hormone and mood related. They run in my family and my mother and sister both also suffer from them. It's not TMJ and it will likely not get much better so I need to figure out how to manage them.

But, in general, I love my new life! I love not having to rush out the door in the mornings and being at home all the time - getting some exercise and alone time in during the days so I'm enjoying being with my kids more when they are home with me. And, I love that I will be the one to get my kids from the bus and take them to their events and maybe even go on a field trip or two this year. This is the change I needed.

And, it would be remiss of me to not mention that I love feeling more like myself again. I've been reading a lot, knitting a ton and learning a great deal with my new job. I feel good. And, that's a nice change!!

In other news...I'm completely in love with the film Brooklyn - I've watched it about 10 times. I'm not sure what it is about the film that makes me want to watch it over and over again, but it's lovely. I've read a good amount lately, but nothing that I'd particularly recommend. I feel like I'm kind of just slogging through books at the moment - however, I'm about to start Life After Life by Kate Atkinson and I'm hopeful it will be a good read. (Dear Mr. Knightly was a good airport read though)

I think I've written the word love in this post more times than is acceptable. I suppose that's how you can tell that I've finally gotten my head above water!

OK - here are the knits I've finished lately....

This fun and easy shaped shawl (Lion Brand pattern) - I loved making the first one so much I'm making a second (with purples)!



I made a few easy seed stitch cowls - two co-worker friends gave me yarn as going away gifts.

This one is a Malabrigo Caracoal yarn in the color Archangel - it was so fun to knit!

This is a lion brand bulky yarn with silver weaved through...


And, finally, I'm about half-way through this beautiful project. My parents traveled to Alaska in July and brought me back some rare Qiviuk (Ox) yarn. It is probably the most expensive and luxurious yarn I'll ever work with. It's also the most thoughtful gift my parents have ever given me. It's lace, so it's slow-going, but it will be worth the effort, I'm sure!


That's all for now. Have a lovely day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lost Art of Blogging

The End of Summer

JIM hat- or - double pointed needles for the first time