Penelope

A few weeks ago, well, I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but I went to work and left early and came home with a 9-month-old puppy. She's adorable. A Shih Tzu / terrier mix with an absolutely fabulous under bite.




Here's Penelope. She's happy and trainable and so far a great family companion.

This doesn't mean I haven't been knitting, it just means I've been crazy. I made a few headbands: A turban for my daughter and another one for me.

Here are the headbands.... adorable kid 1 is my model.





I've also bought a good amount of yarn in anticipation of some great knitting adventures in the coming months (wait, wasn't there a resolution about this? Shit). I have sweaters to knit! Ideas and more ideas for knitting projects! Just not quite enough time, ever, to complete them. I need to knit through some of the yarn I've accumulated though. (feeling shame)

So, here is a pair of toast mitts. I love them and just need to perfect a bind off with a little more stretch the next time around.


I'm still working on "the shrug." I think I just really need to finish it and move on. I'm tiring of the whole project and I picked up the stitches wrong but don't care enough to try again - maybe I'll give it another go in a few weeks. I'm working on my first pair of mittens that I hope will be a gateway mitten to many many more mittens (with thumb holes and everything) for the whole family.

Oh, and I don't think I ever posted these fun things....




I hope to have something more substantial to share next time around. But, with a puppy comes lots of walking and playing and not really enough time for much else.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lost Art of Blogging

The End of Summer

JIM hat- or - double pointed needles for the first time