Hibernation

Don't be fooled by the title of this post. I mean, I have been hibernating a little. But, it doesn't mean I haven't been knitting.

Last Friday I was up until 11:00  knitting up a third lacy keyhole scarf (pattern by Stephanie Japel) while my husband was at the Airborne Toxic Event concert. I just haven't seamed it together and weaved in the ends yet. I'll post it soon. It will be a gift. Of the lacy keyhole scarves that I've made, this is my favorite so far. I love the color (leftover green yarn) and yarn choice. It just seems softer the wool ones I made before. I guess that should have been a given.

And I'm working on a triangle scarf. Which should be easy because it is all garter stitch (same thing over and over) with a increases and decreases to make the triangle, but I've ripped it out three times now. It seems that the simpler the stitch the more mistakes I make.

And... my Hunger Games inspired hunter cowl. It was fun at the start and now I'm over it. My goal is to finish it for trick-or-treat, which is this weekend. So, we'll see. You may see me in it yet!

So I'm knitting. I'm also sleeping. A lot. It just sort of happens this time of year when you live in Wisconsin. It gets dark so early and you have to layer up to keep warm, which makes me sleepy. A warm mug of tea before reading bedtime stories with the kids and by 8:03 PM - BAM - all motivation disappears.

So, I'd like to have something to show for this week. I'll try to finish up my Katniss Inspired Cowl for trick-or-treat. So for tonight, wine and yarn it is (I mean, it IS Thursday).





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lost Art of Blogging

The End of Summer

JIM hat- or - double pointed needles for the first time